Speed and quality service are essential to achieving success in distribution. With so many challenges within all phases of warehousing and supply chain management, companies need every advantage to help with inventory, shipping, and all stages of the product cycle. It’s why many organizations have adopted Microsoft Dynamics GP to help maximize cashflows, improve profitability, and turn inventory around quickly.
What Issues Do Warehouse Managers Face?
Supply chain issues have become more complex over the past few years. Persistent slowdowns caused by the pandemic, along with product shortages, have made it more difficult for companies to get products out on time. The globally connected economy means that issues affecting one corner of the world can trigger impacts all the way on the other side of the world. Below is a more comprehensive breakdown of the problems causing major supply chain issues.
Global Environmental Factors
We’re seeing the effects of global warming and other environmental issues cropping up. Smart warehouses powered by Dynamics GP help reduce the energy required to run them.
Volatile World Economies
Microsoft Dynamics GP provides warehouse managers with real-time information on what’s happening in the economy of other countries. That’s key to anticipating where the next set of supply chain issues might occur, giving companies enough time to implement mitigation plans.
Each country has specific laws and regulations to follow. Any violations can lead to costly fines and penalties. Microsoft Dynamics GP warehouse automation can track the laws that apply in different regions, ensuring that your company complies with them.
The Importance of Automation Through Dynamics GP
Even if you already have an established warehouse management system, you may still need help facing the challenges of managing a warehouse. You need a robust solution that lets you use automation alongside future-facing technology like artificial intelligence, Internet-of-Things (IoT), and mixed reality. The solution also needs to grow along with the needs of your warehouse.
Many companies deal with supply chains that span many countries and time zones. You need a solution capable of syncing up and providing a cohesive, connected experience. Dynamics GP lets you see what’s happening in your warehouse and identify areas where you can make processes run more efficiently.
Thanks to Dynamics GP, your warehouse management can improve by:
- Reducing costs by using automation to streamline the procurement process
- Optimizing fulfillment by syncing up logistics at different warehouse locations
- Staying on top of regulatory requirements for warehouses
How Can Dynamics GP Help You Build a Smart Warehouse?
We’ve seen what happens when bottlenecks form that disrupt the flow of goods. Because many logistics companies operate on a just-in-time supply process, any unexpected event can quickly lead to empty store shelves and unhappy customers.
Microsoft Dynamics GP warehouse automation analytics can detect when potential bottlenecks might occur based on various risk factors and historical data. Identifying potential logistics problems earlier in the chain can help warehouse managers route their products more efficiently to avoid delays.
What are the Benefits of Microsoft Dynamics GP?
Investing in a Microsoft Dynamics GP warehouse system can help companies more effectively address common logistics problems like the following:
- More accurate prediction of optimal routes for shipping and transportation
- Better management of inventory to prevent overproduction or underproduction
- Better identification of potential risks and vulnerabilities along the supply chain
- Improved tracking of products to prevent counterfeit goods from making their way into the supply
- Automation of manual tasks to reduce the need for additional manual labor
- More accurate tracking of ROI for better supply chain optimization
How Does the Microsoft Dynamics Warehouse 365 Warehouse Compare to Dynamics GP?
While many companies benefit from using Dynamics GP for warehouse automation, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management represents an evolution. The module helps manage essential distribution, warehousing, and retail processes.
The available features make it even easier to optimize warehouse operations through automation. Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management integrates seamlessly with other Microsoft applications and services. You can use it to manage other essential warehouse processes like the following:
- Quality Control
Essential capabilities included in the Microsoft Dynamics warehouse app include the following:
- Batch and serial item support
- Workflow support for inbound and outbound materials
- Integrated support for documentation needed for production orders, transfer orders, sales orders, and returns
- Seamless integration with Power BI
- Control over location stocking limits
- Support for next-generation barcode scanners
- Improved counting capabilities
- Increased options for picking strategies
- Integrated quality control
There’s not an area of the warehouse that you can’t automate using the Microsoft Dynamics 365 warehouse application. Because the platform is cloud-based, companies don’t have to worry about purchasing additional hardware for support. You save money by paying a monthly subscription. Microsoft handles security, patches, and other upgrades to upkeep Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management.
What Are the Benefits of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Warehouse Management System?
Below are some advantages of using Microsoft Dynamics 365 to automate warehouse management and other supply chain functions.
- Improved visibility into the supply chain, like quick access to stock details from partners
- Better streamlining of deliveries through automatic detection of routes through analytics
- Access to real-time insights by connecting to IoT technology
- Automation of predictive insights to detect problems with warehouse machines and equipment
- Improved product quality consistency through AI-driven automated detection processes
- Increased ability to plan routine asset maintenance
- Better anticipation of potential failures in warehouse equipment by using telemetry data
Build A Better Warehouse With IES
Stay ahead of supply chain problems and warehouse issues by partnering with Internet eBusiness Solutions. We help companies identify their biggest struggles in warehouse management and find solutions best suited to resolve those problems. Learn more about how we can make your warehouses run more efficiently by consulting with one of our technology experts.