Microsoft’s Power Platform provides organizations with low and no-code development tools that facilitate the building of custom applications. You can also automate workflows and perform analysis. Dynamics 365 AI Builder expands upon those capabilities, increasing companies’ ability to optimize their business processes. Users can use it to develop custom AI models that fit their needs or use prebuilt models that fit common business scenarios without having advanced coding or analytics skills.
Below is an overview of the capabilities available with AI Builder Dynamics 365.
1. Custom AI Models
These prebuilt machine learning models can be trained to fit specific business use cases. You can leverage the Power Platform’s low/no-code interface to simplify the creation of AI models. Regular business users can launch models without needing an extensive data science background.
- Object detection — Models can learn to detect and classify objects located within images. You can use them to optimize workflows involving quality control, object recognition, and inventory management.
- Language understanding — AI Builder allows companies to develop language understanding models because of its support for natural language processing (NLP). You can then use the models to interpret and extract meaning from text. That’s useful when you want to enable applications for purposes like working as a chatbot, performing language translation, or text summarization.
- Prediction and forecasting — Businesses can use historical data to train models, then use them to make future predictions. That’s helpful in scenarios like demand planning, predictive maintenance, or sales forecasting.
2. Process Automation
The process automation capabilities of Dynamics 365 AI Builder help companies eliminate repetitive tasks by simplifying process automation workflow.
- Process identification — Determine which manual tasks would be good candidates for automation, like document processing or data entry.
- Workflow design — Use AI Builder to create a workflow defining all steps and conditions required for automation. Users can leverage the Power Automate interface for this purpose.
- Model training — Train your model to start performing the desired task. AI Builder provides a guided process showing you how to train data models.
- Data integration — Connect to your desired information source. AI Builder integrates with data sources like Excel, SharePoint, or custom APIs.
- Triggers and actions — Define triggers to initiate the automation process based on certain conditions or events. An example could be a new document uploaded to a SharePoint folder. The workflow can then perform designated actions like updating records or sending notifications.
- Testing and deployment — Test your automation before deploying it for general use. You must confirm the accuracy and effectiveness of any solution to ensure it fits the designated scenario. That way, employees can focus on other crucial tasks while allowing the automation to perform as intended.
3. Predictive Analytics
AI Builder’s machine learning algorithms can analyze current and historical data to help you gain valuable business insights. For example, you might want help forecasting sales for the next quarter or anticipate customer churn. Once you figure out the problem you wish to solve, you can work using the Predictive Analytics functions of AI Builder. Below is an overview of how the functionality works.
- Import historical data related to your business issue.
- Train your AI model using historical data.
- Review the model’s performance to determine its accuracy and decide where to make adjustments.
- Start making predictions using new information input.
- Track the model over time and make changes as needed, including updating the data source or refining model parameters.
4. Form Processing
Businesses typically have to work with forms like receipts and invoices. AI Builder can help you build applications capable of extracting essential information using the following process:
- Use the AI Builder form designer to create a template or form.
- Train your AI model to extract the information you need from a designated form type.
- Test the accuracy of the model. You can fine-tune it by adding new examples or changing the model settings to improve performance.
- Integrate the model with other data sources to automatically process and extract information from forms.
- After integrating and training your AI model, you can automate your form processing workflow. Set triggers that tell the AI model to extract relevant data fields. You can perform additional processing from there, like generating a report or updating a database.
5. Customer Service
Businesses can enhance customer service using Dynamics 365 AI Builder to build chatbots and virtual agents. They can handle everyday tasks like dealing with customer queries, offering self-service options to customers, or providing personalized assistance. Thanks to AI Builders’ NLP capabilities, the bots can continue evolving and understanding the nature of customer inquiries and respond appropriately.
AI Builder Dynamics 365 applications can also analyze reviews, customer feedback, and social media comments to understand how customers feel about the business. If there’s an issue with a new product or a lack of satisfaction with the service provided, companies can figure out how to improve and enhance the customer’s overall experience.
Set up automated workflows that route customer requests to the correct department or agent. The models can learn to recognize the best core of action to take based on the wording of an incoming request. That helps businesses become more efficient at handling customer issues, reducing response times, and sending customers to the right place the first time.
Integrating AI Builder into Your Business Workflow
AI Builder reduces the amount of time you need to spend in development. Instead, you can add intelligence to Power Platform by performing the following steps:
- Select an AI model type that fits your business need.
- Connect to business-specific data using the available AI Builder options.
- Start customizing your AI Builder Dynamics 365 model to optimize its performance.
- Train your AI model to resolve your business problem.
- Use the insights gained from your AI model to build new business solutions or upgrade existing ones.
With the help of a partner like Internet eBusiness Solutions (IES), you can quickly learn how to make the most of AI Builder and other Dynamics 365 modules. Learn more about how we can help you expand the role of automation in your business by contacting one of our representatives.